ham radio news 7/28/21

mike witkowski

Current ham radio news

NEWS UPDATE – At this moment, team BI4SSB is now stuck on Kaishan Island AS-135 due to typhoon In-Fa, with limited power and internet access. pic.twitter.com/NV7OrDKBVh — DX World.net (@DX_World) July 27, 2021 JULY 16, 2021 – A team consisting BA4TB, BD4TS, BD4XI, BH4TVU + others will be active during the IOTA contest as B4T […]

The post B4T & BI4SSB – Kaishan Island, AS-135 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/36HCKQ1 July 27, 2021 at 09:09AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/b4t-bi4ssb-kaishan-island-as-135/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=b4t-bi4ssb-kaishan-island-as-135

Current ham radio news

Dave, KB2UBO, has two questions… One about Whether a ZS6BKW could/should be used in an inverted V? Another about Wheather to crimp or solder connectors?

Antenna

Review

Equipment

News

The post Antennas and Connectors! appeared first on QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3f0dmK7 July 27, 2021 at 10:08AM

via RSS Feed https://qrznow.com/antennas-and-connectors/

Current ham radio news

Russian cosmonauts on the International Space Station (ISS) are planning to transmit Slow Scan TV images on 145.800 MHz FM using the SSTV mode PD-120.

The transmissions are part of the Moscow Aviation Institute SSTV experiment (MAI-75) and will be made from the amateur radio station RS0ISS in the Russian ISS Service module (Zvezda) using a Kenwood TM-D710 transceiver.

August 6, 2021 (Friday) from 10:50 GMT until 19:10 GMT*

August 7, 2021 (Saturday) from 09:50 GMT until 15:55 GMT*

*Dates and times subject to change.

The signal should be receivable on a handheld with a 1/4 wave whip. If your rig has selectable FM filters try the wider filter for 25 kHz channel spacing.

You can get predictions for the ISS pass times at https://www.amsat.org/track/

ARISS SSTV Blog https://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/

Useful SSTV info and links https://amsat-uk.org/beginners/iss-sstv/

SOURCE:AMSAT

Antenna

Review

Equipment

News

The post ISS SSTV Aug 6-7 145.800 MHz FM appeared first on QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2UWhynh July 27, 2021 at 10:08AM

via RSS Feed https://qrznow.com/iss-sstv-aug-6-7-145-800-mhz-fm/

Current ham radio news

Giovanni, IZ2DPX will be active from the Azores during August 14-29, 2021 as CT8/IZ2DPX. QRV from the following islands on HF bands, SSB & Digi. QSL via IK2DUW. Terceira Island, EU-175 (Aug 14-19) Faial Island, EU-175 (Aug 19-23) San Miguel Island, EU-003 (Aug 23-29)

The post CT8/IZ2DPX – Azores first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2WgMxur July 27, 2021 at 05:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/ct8-iz2dpx-azores/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ct8-iz2dpx-azores

Current ham radio news

UPDATE – A news update by Alex, DD5ZZ in Cusco city: I finally have my license in hand. It was hard work and an adventure in itself. Peru did NOT implement CEPT TR61-01 so you can NOT just go there with your CEPT license and bring your equipment. Even if all the CEPT lists tell […]

The post OA7/DD5ZZ – Peru first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3wQSUC6 July 27, 2021 at 07:12PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/oa7-dd5zz-peru/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=oa7-dd5zz-peru

Current ham radio news

From the Isle of Music, August 1-7: This week, our guest is Manolito Simonet, producer/participant in the album Al son del caballero by the Alianza Musical de Cuba. This tribute to Adalberto Álvarez won a Grand Prize, the Producer’s Prize, and one of the Popular Dance Music prizes in Cubadisco this year. 1. For Eastern […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3kZAhsI July 27, 2021 at 10:08PM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/07/ftiom-ubmp-august-1-7-special-broadcast-july-29/

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0100Z-0159Z, Aug 3

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8MMP July 27, 2021 at 10:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=672

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0100Z-0300Z, Aug 3

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3sxuFWZ July 27, 2021 at 10:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=283

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1700Z-1900Z, Aug 3

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8HZx July 27, 2021 at 10:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=670

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - On January 3, 2021, Jim Lee G4AEH a BBC Radio 4 announcer and newsreader from Nuneaton, was interviewed about amateur radio on the BBC TV Midlands Today show

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3BN5oh2 July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/ham-radio-on-bbc-midlands-tv.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The latest video from Randy Hall K7AGE covers amateur radio portable operating from the southern Oregon coast

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3rQIpNL July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/ham-radio-portable-operating.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - There is still time to register for the next free amateur radio Foundation Online training course run by volunteers from Essex Ham that starts on August 1

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3zKlfuS July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/last-chance-to-register-for-free-online-amateur-radio-training-course-2.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - This evening, Wednesday, July 28, Steve Hartley G0FUW is giving a Zoom talk about the 2019 Amateur Radio Exam Syllabus

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3l2qqCi July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/online-talk-about-uk-exam-syllabus.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Antoine De Ramon NYeurt, 3D2AG, is one of three hams in paradise, who holds up the CW representation from Fiji, the largest Island in the South Pacific and the second largest island in the World next to Australia

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3l0vDL2 July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/qso-today-antoine-de-ramon-nyeurt-3d2ag.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Communication will be running smoothly for the Quesnel Search and Rescue (QSAR) after they teamed up with the Quesnel Amateur Radio Operators Society (QAROS) to replace a radio repeater destroyed by wildfire

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2UNOcrj July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/radio-infrastructure-an-important-tool-for-quesnel-search-and-rescue.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Dale Thomas built HamMessenger, which is a portable device that enables users to send text messages through their ham radios

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3rBVVV8 July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/send-text-messages-over-ham-radio-with-the-hammessenger.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is ready to lift off on August 14-15, 2021 and we’ve loaded it with amazing speakers, content, prizes, networking, and exhibits. Anyone can attend from their home or office. Early bird discounts are now available

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3eZiT3x July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/take-your-hamshack-to-outer-space.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Russian cosmonauts on the International Space Station (ISS) are planning to transmit Slow Scan TV images on 145.800 MHz FM using the SSTV mode PD-120

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3BYURj4 July 28, 2021 at 04:08AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/iss-sstv-aug-6-7.htm

Current ham radio news

Info by Tony, VK5AVB: I am the only current operator on Kangaroo Island and just set up my station a few days ago. There has been no permanent operators here for at least 20 years and the DX is amazing with very little QRM. I can work from the East to the West and love […]

The post VK5AVB – Kangaroo Island, OC-139 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3iaJpbW July 28, 2021 at 06:14AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/vk5avb-kangaroo-island-oc-139/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=vk5avb-kangaroo-island-oc-139

RSS Feed

Manage