ham radio news 7/27/21

mike witkowski

Radio Waves:  Stories Making Waves in the World of Radio Because I keep my ear to the waves, as well as receive many tips from others who do the same, I find myself privy to radio-related stories that might interest SWLing Post readers.  To that end: Welcome to the SWLing Post’s Radio Waves, a collection of links to interesting […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3eYI0TX July 26, 2021 at 07:10AM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/07/radio-waves-20k-hz-the-buzzer-cuba-jamming-rugby-radio-station-soon-a-school-hro-opens-a-store-in-fl-police-use-morse-and-einstein-listened/

Current ham radio news

“Rolf, KE1Y, has a EFHW 80 – 10 and it’s wire has broken near the loading coil. He wants to know if there is a better way to have the loading coil so it would be so likely to break and Dave’s view of the EFHW.”

Antenna

Review

Equipment

News

The post Mechanical Issues with EFHW Antenna appeared first on QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3iRNsci July 26, 2021 at 08:09AM

via RSS Feed https://qrznow.com/mechanical-issues-with-efhw-antenna/

Current ham radio news

Michael, OY/DF8AN will be active from Faroe Islands, IOTA EU - 018, 31 July - 8 August 2021.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3eWXXdx July 26, 2021 at 12:08PM

via RSS Feed https://dxnews.com/oy-df8an/

Current ham radio news

NEWS UPDATE – RI0FF team arrived in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. They will spend the night in the city of Korsakov, and in the morning (July 27) will go to Iturup island by ship. APRIL 14, 2021 – Russian Robinson team consisting RZ3EC, R6MG, M0MSV RX3F, RN3BL and R6LGT will be active from Iturup island AS-025 as RI0FF […]

The post RI0FF – Iturup Island, AS-025 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2OMSpbv July 26, 2021 at 02:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/ri0ff-iturup-island-as-025/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ri0ff-iturup-island-as-025

Current ham radio news

Look for Michael DF8AN to be active from the Faroe Islands as OY/DF8AN during July 31 to August 8, 2021. QRV on 80-6m, CW & Digi. QSL via H/c.

The post OY/DF8AN – Faroe Islands first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3kXYT4V July 26, 2021 at 02:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/oy-df8an-faroe-islands/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=oy-df8an-faroe-islands

Current ham radio news

QRT – We did it! What an exciting expedition that we will not forget. We had a lot of fun and we hope you did too. Setting up camp in the Arctic is not an easy task and the changing weather reminded us of this on several occasions. We had to put a lot of effort into […]

The post JW0W – Prins Karls Forland, EU-063 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2QggYyx July 26, 2021 at 04:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/jw0w-prins-karls-forland-eu-063/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jw0w-prins-karls-forland-eu-063

Current ham radio news

Bruce, ZL1AAO will be active as E51AAO from South Cook Islands, 7 - 19 August 2021.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3l2rl5N July 26, 2021 at 04:08PM

via RSS Feed https://dxnews.com/e51aao_rarotonga-island_south-cook-islands/

Current ham radio news

UPDATE – Due to recent bad weather, the trip to AS-100 has been put back 2 weeks to mid-August.  JUNE 25, 2021 – During the RSGB IOTA contest (July 24-25, 2021), look for team 4X100AI to be active from the Akhziv Islands, AS-100. Outwith the contest QRV on FT8 and QO- 100. QSL via LoTW, […]

The post 4X100AI – Akhziv Islands first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3jb8UuQ July 26, 2021 at 04:08PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/4x100ai-akhziv-islands/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=4x100ai-akhziv-islands

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0000Z-0100Z, Jul 26

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2PisQ22 July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=681

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1300Z-1400Z, Jul 26

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3vRyV6f July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=644

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1900Z-2000Z, Jul 26

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3vRyV6f July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=644

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1900Z-2030Z, Jul 26

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3qp44Kx July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=653

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0100Z-0159Z, Jul 27

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8MMP July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=672

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0300Z-0400Z, Jul 27

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3vRyV6f July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=644

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1700Z-1900Z, Jul 27

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8HZx July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=670

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0000Z-0200Z, Jul 28

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3cHqwtw July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=425

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0230Z-0300Z, Jul 28

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3bIPNmx July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=593

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1300Z-1400Z, Jul 28

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2ZTSpZc July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=498

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1900Z-2000Z, Jul 28

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2ZTSpZc July 27, 2021 at 03:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=498

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - From September 13-19 AM1SAT will be active on the amateur radio satellites from a number of locations in Spain, diplomas will be available for contacting the stations

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3zEXKDv July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/am1sat-international-award.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The East Leinster Amateur Radio Club, EI0EL, having successfully completed their monthly pilot of the IRTS News Broadcast on 4 Metres continue their monthly broadcasts

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3f2jMs1 July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/irts-news-broadcast-on-4-metre-band.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Ofcom has published proposals to change the way it licenses certain satellite systems. A number of new satellite broadband networks are currently being developed, which use Non-Geostationary Satellite Orbit (NGSO) systems to connect people to the internet – particularly those in hard-to-reach areas

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/372D0JH July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/new-licensing-proposals-to-support-satellite-broadband-sector.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Phones, Fires and Failures will be presented by Alan Thompson W6WN at the next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo coming August 14th and 15th

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3l8mCiS July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/phones-fires-and-failures.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Rex Harper, W1REX, called the Expo office to remind us that if you want to participate in his two 'build-a-thons' at the Expo, your kits need to be ordered immediately to have them in time for the Expo weekend

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3f2jMIx July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/qso-today-virtual-ham-expo-build-a-thon-kits.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The AMSAT Ambassador program brings the excitement of working amateur radio satellites to YOUR club!

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3rDLEYD July 27, 2021 at 05:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/satellite-presentation-for-your-club.htm

Current ham radio news

Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, Jeff McMahon, who shares a link to a Nixie Tube radio kit via the retailer Shop Simo. We’ve no clue how well the radio might perform, but it covers AM/FM, can play from an SD card and is, of course, Bluetooth as well. The radio requires no soldering–instead, it […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2UThmoL July 27, 2021 at 07:11AM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/07/this-noyce-joyce-radio-kit-features-in-17-nixie-tubes/

RSS Feed

Manage