ham radio news 7/18/21

mike witkowski

Current ham radio news

NEWS UPDATE – Expedition is postponed due to team member(s) being unwell. Possibly rescheduled for August ’21.  MARCH 8, 2021 – Team RI0FM will be active from Moneron Island, AS-149 during July 15-31, 2021. QRV on HF bands. Participation in the RSGB IOTA contest (July 24-25). QSL via RW6HS.

The post RI0FM – Moneron Island, AS-149 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2O5weNB July 17, 2021 at 08:08AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/ri0fm-moneron-island-as-149/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ri0fm-moneron-island-as-149

Current ham radio news

Solar Storm Fake Out & Big Flare Players Near |

Antenna

Review

Equipment

The post Solar Storm Fake Out & Big Flare Players Near | Solar Storm Forecast 07.17.2021 appeared first on QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3BpjDsm July 17, 2021 at 04:06PM

via RSS Feed https://qrznow.com/solar-storm-fake-out-big-flare-players-near-solar-storm-forecast-07-17-2021/

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1200Z, Jul 24 to 1200Z, Jul 25

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3riFahz July 17, 2021 at 08:07PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=75

Current ham radio news

NEWS UPDATE – JW0W will be active in 10 days @ July 21st from Prins Karls island, QRV in afternoon. Team is packing and doing final checks. Expect band operation on 40/30/20m. Also full-size 60m vertical and wires for higher bands. We will run 5 QRO stations and all modes. This will be a tent […]

The post [UPCOMING] JW0W – Prins Karls Forland, EU-063 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2QggYyx July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/jw0w-prins-karls-forland-eu-063/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jw0w-prins-karls-forland-eu-063

Current ham radio news

ICQ Podcast -

In this episode, Martin (M1MRB) is joined by Leslie Butterfield G0CIB, Dan Romanchik KB6NU and Edmund Spicer M0MNG to discuss the latest Amateur / Ham Radio news. Colin (M6BOY) rounds up the news in brief and in the episode we feature Portable Operations Challenge 2021

ICQ AMATEUR/HAM RADIO PODCAST DONORS

  • Swiss Radio Amateurs Face Fee to use QO-100
  • Janet K0JE and Janice K0JA - Ham Radio Twins
  • FCC Reaffirms Fine for Marketing Non-Compliant RF Equipment
  • Ham Radio Helping Lifelong Hobbyists Stay Mentally Fit in Old Age
  • Presentation Tracks announced for QSO Expo
  • RSGB Publishes Amateur Radio Survey Summary
  • Amateur Radio Digital Communications (ARDC) Community Meeting

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3z8JbrF July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed https://icqpodcast.libsyn.com/icq-podcast-episode-355-portable-operations-challenge-2021

Current ham radio news

Look for YL2GM & YL2GN to be active from Hiiumaa Island, EU-034 as ES6JP/0 & ES6TZ/0 during the IOTA contest. QRV July 23-25, 2021. QSL via H/cs.

The post ES6JP/0 & ES6TZ/0 – Hiiumaa Island, EU-034 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2UmwCKA July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/es6jp-0-es6tz-0-hiiumaa-island-eu-034/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=es6jp-0-es6tz-0-hiiumaa-island-eu-034

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Chip Angle, N6CA, harnessed an early interest in the bands, VHF to microwave, as a passion that continues to this day

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3rpVugI July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/2021/july/qso-today-chip-angle-n6ca.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Ofcom has today published a consultation on modifying our universal broadband service rules, to clarify how BT should provide quotes to customers who have applied to be connected under the scheme

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3xPIXp1 July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/changes-to-calculating-broadband-uso-quotes.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - In recent weeks at Electronics Notes, we have started adding a virtual museum and directory of various vintage radios of all sorts from old crystal antiques radios to vintage valve / tube radios, ex-government communications radios, ham radio equipment through to early transistor radios and the like

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3kqdwhk July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/electronics-notes-virtual-vintage-radio-museum-and-directory.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - IARU Region 1 Emergency Communications Co-Ordinator Greg G0DUB reports on the Amateur Radio response to the flooding in Western Europe

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3il0yyO July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/radio-amateurs-respond-to-flooding-in-western-europe.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Richard Hooper, ZS6RKE the Troop Scouter of the Sandringham Scouts told SARL News that the Sandringham Scout Group, ZS6SSG will be running a Class B RAE course for Scouts, starting on Saturday 31 July

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3kwNRng July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/scouts-doing-the-class-b-rae-course.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Almost 50 years ago, in 1971, there was a week when there were no WIA broadcasts from any state of Australia

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/36GoFm0 July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/the-week-of-no-wis-broadcasts.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The Wireless Institute of Australia (WIA) board of directors convened their first meeting after the 2021 AGM, which is when the President and Vice President are appointed and all new directors are welcomed to the board

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2URbWKA July 18, 2021 at 06:07AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/july/wia-board-announces-new-president.htm

RSS Feed

Manage