current ham radio news 6'16'21

mike witkowski

Members of Radio Club Croatian Flora Fauna (9A1MB, 9A3DF, 9A3DX, 9A3ST, 9A4NA and 9A4WY) will be active from the island of Lastovo (EU-016, CI-051, LH-0815, ARLHS-148, 9AFF-0011 as 9A10FF (9A ten FF) between June 17-24, 2021. They will use home calls /p. Exact location is lighthouse Struga, 42°43.0′ N 16° 53.0′ E. Some members will […]

The post Activation of Lastovo Island, EU-016 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3iJasw2 June 15, 2021 at 08:09AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/activation-of-lastovo-island-eu-016/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=activation-of-lastovo-island-eu-016

Current ham radio news

Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, 13dka, who shares the following guest post: The IC-705 in action at the dike by 13dka When I got the IC-705 in late October 2020, I didn’t get that much chance to enjoy it at the dike: After a couple of initial tests and 2 nightly “FYBO” MW DX sessions in November, […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3vrAG91 June 15, 2021 at 08:09AM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/06/guest-post-dikeside-icom-ic-705-rx-action/

Current ham radio news

DX-World reader Michael Noertemann recently posted this on our Facebook page. We re-publish here, in a kind of Devil’s Advocate spirit, to see if others agree or disagree with his sentiments, particularly in light of the recent news about 3Y0J cancelling their plans to activate this forever rare DXCC entity.  Cancel this ******* iceberg as […]

The post Musings on Bouvet first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3iQ7dma June 15, 2021 at 10:09AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/musings-on-bouvet/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=musings-on-bouvet

Current ham radio news

UPDATE – The first YOTA Contest has already taken place and was a big success. Over 700 logs were received within the deadline and are currently worked on to provide the final results as soon as possible. Meanwhile, claimed results can be looked at on the YOTA Contest website. Further, we are very happy to […]

The post YOTA Contest 2021 first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/39QMoC4 June 15, 2021 at 01:09PM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/yota-contest-2021/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yota-contest-2021

Current ham radio news

In this article I describe few construction ideas for 80 meter spitfires and provide the MMANA files for your own evaluation.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3gcazye June 15, 2021 at 01:09PM

via RSS Feed https://dxnews.com/ua9ba-spitfire-80m/

Current ham radio news

Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, David (G4EDR), who writes: I know that you and many of the readers of the SWLing Post like to tune into the annual BBC WS Antarctic Mid Winter broadcast. I requested some information from the BDXC (of which I am a member) about this year’s broadcast and got the […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3vnaV9G June 15, 2021 at 03:09PM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/06/the-2021-bbc-midwinter-broadcast-to-antarctica-next-week/

Current ham radio news

OJ0C Team will be active from Market Reef, IOTA EU - 053, 12 - 21 June 2021.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3gmkYq7 June 15, 2021 at 06:09PM

via RSS Feed https://dxnews.com/oj0c/

Current ham radio news

From the Isle of Music, June 20-26: Part 1 of 2 parts: This week, our guest is Rodney Barreto, winner of the Making Of category in this year’s Cubadisco and a nominee in Jazz for Drummer Negrito. He also performed in several other nominees and winners of Cubadisco. Our conversation will be in English. The […]

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2SBL9RM June 15, 2021 at 06:09PM

via RSS Feed https://swling.com/blog/2021/06/ftiom-ubmp-june-20-26/

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 0100Z-0159Z, Jun 22

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8MMP June 15, 2021 at 10:09PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=672

Current ham radio news

WA7BNM Contest Calendar - 1700Z-1900Z, Jun 22

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3dX8HZx June 15, 2021 at 10:09PM

via RSS Feed https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestdetails.php?ref=670

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Students will take turns asking their questions of ISS Astronaut Thomas Pesquet, amateur radio call sign KG5FYG

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3gvKjPq June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/ariss-event-17-06-b.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - According to the Amateur Radio Cluster Network for the week of Sunday, 6th June, through Sunday, 13th June there were 215 countries active

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3pVIRZT June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/dxcc-country-entity-report-15-06.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Are you planning to participate in a Field Day soon? Or in a SOTA activation, in a DXpedition or in any other radio activity outside the QTH? Do you have any insurance that covers any unforeseen risk that may occur?

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2TyO51M June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/field-day-but-sure.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The Next Generation beacon fund administered by AMSAT SA topped the R18 000 mark and currently stands at R18 150

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3xDL2Ej June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/next-generation-beacon-fund-tops-r18000.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - A Freedom of Information request asked Ofcom for the frequencies to be used at the F1 British Grand Prix 2021 at Silverstone

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3cNCGSu June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/ofcom-publish-british-grand-prix-frequencies.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The South Eastern Amateur Radio Group were active from the Old Copper Mine near Bunmahon, Co. Waterford over the weekend of the 5th and 6th June 2021

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3xnbsda June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/south-eastern-amateur-radio-group.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - Don't forget that the WIA special event callsign VK 20 HOME is still available for members to use until December 31st 2021

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3gzg7TX June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/vk-20-home.htm

Current ham radio news

Southgate ARC - The first Youngsters On The Air (YOTA) Contest has already taken place and was a big success, the next contest will take place on Sunday, July 18

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3iJcZWK June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/june/yota-contest-july-18.htm

Current ham radio news

QSL manager EB7DX provides DX-World with a preview of the VK9XX card. This activity from Christmas Island took place during late May, early June.

The post QSL preview – VK9XX first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/2RYXBdV June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/qsl-preview-vk9xx/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=qsl-preview-vk9xx

Current ham radio news

It’s been almost 4 years since Joe Taylor, K1JT announced on June 29, 2017 the availability of a new mode in the WSJT-X software, FT8. According to Wikipedia, FT8 is described as being designed for “multi-hop Es where signals may be weak and fading, openings may be short, and you want fast completion of reliable, […]

The post FT8 is four years old soon! first appeared on DX-World.

via Current ham radio news https://ift.tt/3pYXtaP June 16, 2021 at 04:09AM

via RSS Feed https://www.dx-world.net/ft8-is-4-years-old-soon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ft8-is-4-years-old-soon

RSS Feed

Manage