DC Bogleheads DCBogleheads@groups.ioThe Bogleheads are a national personal investment group based on the investment philosophy of Vanguard founder Jack Bogle. Bogle's central thesis was to invest in stocks through passive index funds rather than individual stocks or actively managed stock funds. Here is a link to the national Bogleheads website.
Link - https://www.bogleheads.org/index.php#all_subforums
DC Bogleheads is a Washington, DC area local group subset of the national group. We have over 300 local members and meet at least six times per year. At our meetings we often have presentations either by members of the local group or by outside experts on personal finance. Our presentation and discussion topics are fairly broad and include saving and investing for future retirement and investing in retirement, when to commence Social Security benefits, retirement withdrawal strategies, home ownership vs. renting, saving and investing for college, and issues involving insurance and annuitization.
- 336 Members
- 4 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]