Re: Wi-Fi System

garry crothers

For connecting to the shore side access point I use Mikrotik Groove 52HPn WLAN access point Power over Ethernet (PoE) £80 from Amazon.

To distribute the internet connection onboard I use

MikroTik RouterBoard hAP AC Lite + UK PSU RB952UI-5AC2ND/UK
£48 from Amazon.  This router had a built in poe port to drive the external Groove access point.
The other thing to note is that the groove has both 2 and 5Ghz transmission, so quite useful in busy locations, where most people use 2Ghz.

External ethernet cable from Amazon, I just hoist up the flag halyard at the moment.
Garry
SB kind of blue

Join CruisersNetworkOnline@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.