Wellbrook antenna base/power unit and ccw loop antenna amplifier (2nd version

paul newland

If, as I suspect, I have a problem with my Wellbrook (not sure if it's really "had it" yet.
WouId it be possible to use this 2nd LAA version of the ccw loop with the  Wellbrook base/power unit feeding that aluminium loop as that would be pretty convenient.
At the moment this ccw amp is powered by an RSP's Bias-T attached to a hula-loop indoors., after I replaced it with a CCW Loop Antena+ attached to an inverted delta.
Outside, when powered by it's original base unit (which I believe I was responsible for killing) it gave the Wellbrook a run for it's money...
If I were to simply use the alloy loop, which current CCW LAA version would be the best option for the LW/MW range should I decide to replace it?
All theory at the moment, but just thinking ahead .
Regards
Paul N

Chris Moulding

Hi Paul,

We sell quite a few Loop Antenna Amplifiers to replace old or faulty amplifiers in existing loop antennas including the Wellbrook models.

The one I would recommend from our current stock would be the Loop Antenna Amplifier +.

We did do a VLF version but the latest version of the LAA+ is now as good as that one at VLF frequencies.

Using a Loop Antenna Amplifier + with the Wellbrook aluminium loop will make a very good receiving antenna.

leslie norton

Quite a few people who have receive loops know me as the founder of Wellbrook loops group on facebook, in fact last year we expanded the group to other receive loops.
I can say with experience, in fact i do just this, the Loop antenna amplifier + makes a very effective and cost effective alternative to replacing the Wellbrook loop amp.

I have indeed suggested to our members this too.
The performance is excellent and one advantage is that the frequency receive is increased.

Im really pleased Chris introduced the amplifier + at the price he did and i can see it going from strength to strength.

Thanks
Les

On 28 Apr 2021, at 17:54, Chris Moulding <chrism@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

We sell quite a few Loop Antenna Amplifiers to replace old or faulty amplifiers in existing loop antennas including the Wellbrook models.

The one I would recommend from our current stock would be the Loop Antenna Amplifier +.

We did do a VLF version but the latest version of the LAA+ is now as good as that one at VLF frequencies.

Using a Loop Antenna Amplifier + with the Wellbrook aluminium loop will make a very good receiving antenna.

Hi all

In my humble opinion the latest ccw amplifier connected to a good low L loop will give just about anything a run for its money. ( see below.)

Yes there are better loop amps..BUT they cost MUCH more and UNLESS you are in a zero rf noise location( on a sail boat at sea?)AND using a high end rx ( elad ftdx101 etc ) one will find it hard to tell any difference between ccw and £££$$ unit. BUT you will tell the difference between ccw and mla!! ( etc.)

So buy one now!

Also ccw after sale support is second to none..period. Also you are helping a small family type business in these hard times.

Best regards Simon g0zen ( of no connection to ccw, never even meet Chris.) but have used his amps.( i make my own, but they cost more in parts alone than a fully boxed working ccw amp..and am still not sure they are any better, just customised to my requirements.)

Paul Newland

Thanks for your reply Chris.
Not really a surprise as I do have one of your truly excellent LAA+ models feeding an 1.45Msq inverted delta (now galvanized rope replaced with copper), which I use in preference to the Wellbrook most of the time.
However, I'm relieved to say the Welly has been fixed (a duff length of old cable.
I did want to get ahead of the game just inc ase.
The remaining question was whether in the event it could be powered by the Wellbrooks base unit as the do seem to fail not infrequently.
Best Wishes
Paul

Best Wishes
Paul

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 17:54, Chris Moulding <chrism@...> wrote:
Hi Paul,

We sell quite a few Loop Antenna Amplifiers to replace old or faulty amplifiers in existing loop antennas including the Wellbrook models.

The one I would recommend from our current stock would be the Loop Antenna Amplifier +.

We did do a VLF version but the latest version of the LAA+ is now as good as that one at VLF frequencies.

Using a Loop Antenna Amplifier + with the Wellbrook aluminium loop will make a very good receiving antenna.

Paul Newland

Simon ohhellnotagain@... via groups.io

19:39 (7 minutes ago)
to CrossCountryWireless
Hi all
In my humble opinion the latest ccw amplifier connected to a good low L loop will give just about anything a run for its money. ( see below.)
I do so agree Simon, thanks
Best Wishes
Paul

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 19:39, Simon <ohhellnotagain@...> wrote:
[...]

leslie norton gm4jnw@... via groups.io

18:11 (1 hour ago)
to CrossCountryWireless
Quite a few people who have receive loops know me as the founder of Wellbrook loops group on facebook, in fact last year we expanded the group to other receive loops.
I can say with experience, in fact i do just this, the Loop antenna amplifier + makes a very effective and cost effective alternative to replacing the Wellbrook loop amp.
Thanks Leslie
As a convinced user/customer already - yes & yes again!
It's a cracker!
Best Wishes
Paul