Topics

Using only 2 CCW multicoupler ports

Henk <henkdemooij@...>

Hi als, I am a happy multicoupler user. For some years I had all 5 ports used for 5 scanners. But now I only have 1 scanner and 1 Airspy attached. Question: do I need to do something with the remaining 3 empty ports?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards, Henk in The Netherlands

Chris Moulding

The HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler  uses an Owen splitter which is fairly tolerant of not being matched. The output level may up 1 or 2 dB from the terminated level with three ports unterminated.

If you are trying to make accurate RF measurements through the Multicoupler then it's best to terminate the unused ports.

In casual use you should be OK with the unused ports unterminated.

Henk <henkdemooij@...>

Thanks Chris, since I'm am a "dummy" can you canfirm you mean something like this.

gr Henk

The HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler  uses an Owen splitter which is fairly tolerant of not being matched. The output level may up 1 or 2 dB from the terminated level with three ports unterminated.

If you are trying to make accurate RF measurements through the Multicoupler then it's best to terminate the unused ports.

In casual use you should be OK with the unused ports unterminated.

Yes, that's ideal, Henk.

Henk <henkdemooij@...>

Hi Chris, I ve just installed them. See attached photo.

Op 26 okt. 2017 10:40 schreef "Chris Moulding" <chrism@...>:

Yes, that's ideal, Henk.