Topics

Status of CCW loop amp these days? Performance shipping delays due to COVID? Loop inductance?

Eric Inloes

Hi,

So in the past I wanted to buy a CCW loop amp got a bit busy and then COVID hit... What is the status of the amp these days and how long of a shipping delay should you expect to the west coast of the US?

Also, Seems like many changes have been made. I wonder how much it's impacted by the loop inductance now?

Thanks

Chris Moulding

Hi Eric,

We have good stocks of the Loop Antenna Amplifier ready to ship. We try to keep the stocks up in case we are affected by additional lockdowns.

From what we can tell shipping to the US is almost back to normal at present but I expect that it may be subject to delays in some of the states depending on the local Covid-19 situation.

We now make two versions, the Loop Antenna Amplifier + which covers LF, HF and VHF and the VLF Loop Antenna which covers VLF, LF and some HF. Both versions can now be used with the USB powered base unit with an additional amplifier or an unamplified bias-T up to 15V.

Both amplifiers are optimised for a single turn loop of about 1m or 3 feet diameter.

Eric Inloes

Edited

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear!

How much of a impact does the loop diameter make now say wire vs copper pipe? Not exactly sure what the input impedance is now. IIRC it was designed to be low so not sure if that's changed a bit now.

Also you have options for base unit or bias-t unit. What is the difference between the two here? Sounds like one provides power and gain while the other just provides power.

Thanks!