Topics

SDR4+ and HDSDR

Steve Bunting M0BPQ

Hi Everyone,

I have an CCW SDR4 that works on my main pc, but I can't get it to work on a new windows machine. The error message I get under HDSDR options>select input is:

"EXTIO: Load DLL failed: The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect."

The EXTIO dll from the CCW website is in the HDSDR directory in the right place. The device manager shows that the si750 control is also installed. The USB soundcard is also installed and selectable. Everything is installed with admin privileges.

What have I missed? Google hasnt helped, so I hope someone here can.
73
Steve, M0BPQ

Steve Bunting M0BPQ

Oops - i might have mixed it - new PC didnt have .NET framework installed. That would do it, right?
73
Steve

Edward Feustel, N5EI

Also check that you have sufficient power on your USB port.  Some PCs do not have enough
to power your SDR4. If you use a powered USB hub, that should do the trick.

73,
Ed, N5EI
Daily Peace Quote from March 21, 2018

Grabbing, urgency, anxiety, busy, not enough time,
working hard to get are the very processes keeping
you from the support and wisdom that are HERE and
ready to guide you. When any of those attempt to
grab attention, re-direct attention to thisherenow,
take a long, deep breath, look at something
beautiful, say a soft “thank you” and recognize
yourself to be swimming in well-being and belonging!
- Cheri Huber
http://www.LivingCompassion.org