Topics

: Revised Broadband Active Antenna

chrism@...

The link to the Broadband Active Antenna web page is:

Broadband Active Antenna - Cross Country Wireless

obrianboru@...

I have the earlier version of this excellent antenna.
Chris states he redesigned it to make it more efficient on HF by adding a new ferrite.
I would appreciate advice as to how I might modify my earlier version to achive the same effect; I assume the ferrite on the later version helps to cut common mode current on the outer sheath of the coax and of course reduce unwanted rf pickup by it too.
Any info on the type of choke I could add....ferrite type...31,43,73, and windings, etc., would be very welcome.
73 to Chris and all from Jeff, 2E0CIT