Recent changes to the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++ and Bias Tee unit.

Chris Moulding

Recently we made some changes to the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++ and Bias tee unit but I've not added them to the web site yet..

The change to the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++ was a new label to add the UKAS logo.There are no changes to the amplifier inside.

The major change was to the Bias Tee unit. This now comes in an ABS box.  The box is only rated for indoor use.

This change has been made to allow a label to be added with the required FCC, EC and UKAS logos. 

Recntly two orders to customers in the EU have been held in customs because there was no EC logo on the Bias tee PCB despite there being one on the LAA++ box.

There is also a very minor change on the bias tee board. 1K resistors have been added across both BNC sockets to dissipate any static electricity charges.

This shouldn't be a problem in normal use with the LAA++ with a loop but if the Bias Tee board was connected to an external long wire antenna it is possible for any static electricity on the antenna to charge the coupling capacitor in the bias tee board. This could cause a problem if it was then connected to a receiver.

The 1k resistors allow any static electricity to safely discharge without affecting the RF performance.

Photos of the latest LA++ and Bis tee unit:

Regards,

Chris

Nicolas Kulaga

Hi Chris.

Will the New encased bias-tee be avaliable with the beverage antenna too ? If buying from eBay from EU country.

Regards.

Nicolas

Le dim. 6 mars 2022 à 22:21, Chris Moulding <chrism@...> a écrit :
Recently we made some changes to the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++ and Bias tee unit but I've not added them to the web site yet..

The change to the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++ was a new label to add the UKAS logo.There are no changes to the amplifier inside.

The major change was to the Bias Tee unit. This now comes in an ABS box.  The box is only rated for indoor use.

This change has been made to allow a label to be added with the required FCC, EC and UKAS logos. 

Recntly two orders to customers in the EU have been held in customs because there was no EC logo on the Bias tee PCB despite there being one on the LAA++ box.

There is also a very minor change on the bias tee board. 1K resistors have been added across both BNC sockets to dissipate any static electricity charges.

This shouldn't be a problem in normal use with the LAA++ with a loop but if the Bias Tee board was connected to an external long wire antenna it is possible for any static electricity on the antenna to charge the coupling capacitor in the bias tee board. This could cause a problem if it was then connected to a receiver.

The 1k resistors allow any static electricity to safely discharge without affecting the RF performance.

Photos of the latest LA++ and Bis tee unit:

Regards,

Chris

Chris Moulding

Hi Nicolas,

Yes the new encased bias tee will be available with the Loop Antenna Amplifier ++, Beverage Antenna Amplifier and the High Z Antenna Amplifier.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Moulding

A small error in my post about the new Bias tee unit.

The new labels have the UKCA logo not the UKAS one.

Regards,

Chris

Mike

Hi Chris,

Can you Paypal invoice me ? I would like to buy one of these new units? I sent you an email which I think bounced to spam.

Thanks,
Mike