Topics

Preselector 3 dB loss

Mike Xeno

When the CCW is in bypass mode what is the loss rated at?

I believe when you engage any of the bands it's 3 dB. Is this correct?

drivertess

It depends on what frequency you are listening to, the best way to compare is using the SN ratio as signal strength is irrelevant, on LF I can lose 30db signal but have a much higher SN ratio.

On 30 April 2018 at 01:17, Mike Xeno via Groups.Io <mikexeno@...> wrote:

When the CCW is in bypass mode what is the loss rated at?

I believe when you engage any of the bands it's 3 dB. Is this correct?

drivertess

It depends on what frequency you are listening to, the best way to compare is using the SN ratio as signal strength is irrelevant, on LF I can lose 30db signal but have a much higher SN ratio.

Mike Xeno

Many thanks.