Topics

My Experience with new loop

Brent Mcl

Both antennas are same height off ground around 30 FT ....

Chris Moulding

Thanks for posting that, Brent.

A question...what size loop were you using with the Loop Antenna Amplifier?

A second question...which version of the Loop Antenna Amplifier do you have?

Version 1 had single sided PCBs.

Version 2 had double sided PCBs.

Version 3 had double sided PCBs with an 82 pF across the input on the head unit and another 82 pF across R4 on the base unit amplifier. Many customers modified their own PCBs following the service bulletin on this forum.

Version 4 is the latest version with many vias on the double sided PCBs.

If you have one of the early versions 1 or 2 this may explain the difference.

Brent Mcl

Well i never looked inside but it's 3 weeks old if that's any help .I am using the wire that came with the loop

Brent Mcl

Well i just bought another loop from you so it will have to be the newest one i am also waiting on a Cross Country Wireless HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler you don't responded to my emails

Chris Moulding

Sorry for the delay with the Multicoupler. My assistant has been off sick for two weeks so I'm running everything.

I've got a batch of 10 Multicouplers nearly completed  and I had held off replying to your email until I had the tracking number.

I should get the batch finished ready to ship Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

I'll try and get the loop amplifier shipped earlier.

Just thinking about the difference between the two loop screenshots have you tried a different 5 V USB power source for the antenna?

My early testing of the prototype and production models was done with good quality 5 V USB chargers that were RF quiet with the amplifier.

Since then I've come across some poor quality unbranded units that have a lot of RF hash on the 5 V output.

Brent Mcl

this is the control box for the loop it was shipped to me nov 10 this year

Chris Moulding

Thanks for sending the photo. I'll send a new version 4 base unit board with your Multicoupler so that you can compare it.

Brent Mcl

HF is dead tonight so just comparing loops top one is cross country bottom     Wellbrook loop  they look the same