Topics

More 60-Meters Tests - 28-29 April

WA8LMF

[Noon US EDT    Saturday 28 Apr 18]

I will be trying 60-meters APRS mobile for the first time tomorrow (29 Apr) on the way to/from the GMARC (General Motors ARC) hamfest in Madison Heights, Michigan (northern metro Detroit area).   This is about is about 70 miles (110Km) south-east from my home QTH in East Lansing, MI.   This should be a good test of NVIS capability on 60 meters, since I will be out of ground-wave range of my home QTH, but nowhere far enough away to be out of my 30-meter skip zone.

I will be departing around 6:30 AM EDT, arriving around 8:00 AM.  The return trip, after the hamfest will begin sometime around 2:00 PM EDT.    I have just installed a 60-meter MFJ knockoff of a HamStick on the car, in place of the usual 30M HamStick.   The mobile radio is the usual FT-891.   I will be beaconing on both AX.25 and MFSK16 Messenger mode.

The home-station TW700 tablet "uServer" is up and running, connected to a TS2000 on 5403.50 KHz.USB to monitor and igate the mobile.    This setup is up and running now (Noon Saturday) and will remain up until Sunday evening.      Feel free to make experimental transmissions anytime from now until Sunday evening.

I have provided a new link to the 60-meters uServer on the gateway web page for all my other APRS UI-Webservers at

    <http://WA8LMF.net/map>

Click on the link for  "TW700 Tablet uServer for 60M Tests".      The normal "Special Events" server is also active, showing two views of two-meter activity around the event in north Metro Detroit.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
   <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
   <http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm>

Russell Blair

Stephen, unable to access the TW700 "uServer" I am moving over to 60m now will be all night.

Russell NC5O -66

Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com

On 4/28/2018 5:21 PM, Russell Blair wrote:
Stephen, unable to access the TW700 "uServer" I am moving over to 60m now will be all night.

Russell NC5O -66

It should be running OK now.   Overly aggressive Win 8.1 power management shut down the WiFi radio in the tablet after seeing no traffic for a while.