Loop Aerial amplifier power module C3

Stephen Farthing

Chris,

C3 from the power module board just fell off (see the picture attached). I’ve recovered it but resoldering it is going to be a challenge for me as it’s an SMT part without much in the way of leads. I’ve some leaded tantalum and electrolytic capacitors of the same working voltage and value. Is there any reason why I shouldn’t substitute a leaded component ?

Regards,

Steve G0XAR

Chris Moulding

Hi Steve,

You can replace the SMD capacitor with a through hole version.

The value is 10 uF and the positive terminal of the capacitor goes to the left when you hold the board so that you can read the text on the PCB.

Stephen Farthing

Chris,

Thanks for the prompt and fulsome response.

Stay safe,

Steve G0XAR