Topics

General messenger observations (from a newbie)

"pdaviesuk" <paul-m3lom@...>

Chris

Just a couple observations from a recent install of messenger (but not on air yet).

I notice the comm port selection is 1 to 8. Should this be just a number to type in as if you are using a usb/serial converter. It can sometimes be com16 on my laptops/netbooks?

With regards layout on screen I am finding that I am losing the bottom of the screen on my Dell Mini 10 netbook. I suspect it will be the same with my NC10 when I try that as screen is same size. Resizing the window just resizes the border. Any thoughts? In the field use for me will most certainly be from a netbook.

Regards

Paul
M0LOM

PS Thanks for the reply on the national forum.

"pdaviesuk" <paul-m3lom@...>

Sorry, should have mentioned v 1.8.6.

--- In cross_country_wireless@..., "pdaviesuk" <paul-m3lom@...> wrote:

Chris

Just a couple observations from a recent install of messenger (but not on air yet).

I notice the comm port selection is 1 to 8. Should this be just a number to type in as if you are using a usb/serial converter. It can sometimes be com16 on my laptops/netbooks?

With regards layout on screen I am finding that I am losing the bottom of the screen on my Dell Mini 10 netbook. I suspect it will be the same with my NC10 when I try that as screen is same size. Resizing the window just resizes the border. Any thoughts? In the field use for me will most certainly be from a netbook.

Regards

Paul
M0LOM

PS Thanks for the reply on the national forum.

"G8UVE" <g8uve@...>

TO Save Chris the time

I think you'll find this has been sorted in the forthcoming release

It was a problem I had as well and was drawn to Chris's attention

The present one goes up to port 16

David G8UVE

----- Original Message -----
To: <cross_country_wireless@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:29 PM
Subject: [cross_country_wireless] General messenger observations (from a newbie)

: Chris
:
: Just a couple observations from a recent install of messenger (but not on air
yet).
:
: I notice the comm port selection is 1 to 8. Should this be just a number to type
in as if you are using a usb/serial converter. It can sometimes be com16 on my
laptops/netbooks?
:
: With regards layout on screen I am finding that I am losing the bottom of the
screen on my Dell Mini 10 netbook. I suspect it will be the same with my NC10 when
I try that as screen is same size. Resizing the window just resizes the border.
Any thoughts? In the field use for me will most certainly be from a netbook.
:
: Regards
:
: Paul
: M0LOM
:
: PS Thanks for the reply on the national forum.
:
:
:
: ------------------------------------
:
: Yahoo! Groups Links
:
:
: