From: pat obrien <2WR796@...>
To: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:41 AM
Subject: [CrossCountryWireless] APRS MESSENGER/ACTIVITY

More activity noted  from 0 land and 5 land,  activity is improving.
POB/K8LEN

pat obrien

I TRANSMIT usually in the morning, and a short time around 6 in the
evening, weekends SATURDAY/SUNDAY mornings, today so far myself, a tx
stn and a 0 stn, and virginia .
POB/K8LEN

On 2/11/18, KP3FT via Groups.Io <kp3ft=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What times are you transmitting?  I'd like to leave it running 24/7 here,
but then I get bored with it, much like VHF APRS.

More activity noted  from 0 land and 5 land,  activity is improving.
POB/K8LEN

KP3FT

OK.  I think I'll leave mine running 24/7 for a while, and see how the map looks.  I'd like to try actually messaging others with it, especially with the other modes besides the conventional 300bd AFSK.

I TRANSMIT usually in the morning, and a short time around 6 in the
evening, weekends SATURDAY/SUNDAY mornings, today so far myself, a tx
stn and a 0 stn, and virginia  .
POB/K8LEN

On 2/11/18, KP3FT via Groups.Io <kp3ft=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
> What times are you transmitting?  I'd like to leave it running 24/7 here,
> but then I get bored with it, much like VHF APRS.

WA8LMF

I'm not sure if it's more activity stimulated by this thread, or whether 30M propagation is FINALLY beginning to improve, but I'm seeing far more stations on my map at <http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14439/>  that I have in months.    I'm also seeing a major upsurge in the number of hits on my UI-Webserver

This morning (around 11:00 AM US EST   12 Feb), I was literally copying stations coast-to-coast from my location in central Michigan.    On my map were a mobile in the San Francisco Bay area, a station in Cape Cod, Mass, a station in southern Florida, and stations in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ontario and Quebec.

Propagation seemed to be favoring both short hop (less than 500 mi/800 km) and long hop (over 2000 mi/3200) km and everything in between!

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
   <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF