From: pat obrien <2WR796@...>
To: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 10:31 AM
Subject: [CrossCountryWireless] APRS MESSENGER

HI GUYS;
LETS get more activity on APRS MESSENGER, 30 meters is open, and it is a interesting way to send short messages, and it works great. Contacts with MONTANA on APRS MESSENGER  is very easy.

See you on APRS MESSENGER on 30 meters.
POB/K8LEN...INDIANA

pat obrien

PACKET CONVERSE MODE, never have tried it, and if my memory shows
that I have never seen anything or anyone having any comments on it.
POB/K8LEN

On 2/5/18, KP3FT via Groups.Io <kp3ft=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have you tried "Packet Converse" mode in APRS Messenger?  I never tried it,
just wondering how it's different than APRS messaging and if it allows AX.25
connection using the PSK63, etc modes.  Lately I've been trying to drum up
interest in using other modes for AX25 connections using FLDigi and BPQ32.
The old conventional 300bd AFSK is awful for HF.  I'm thoroughly sick of
retries and timeouts on 20m packet.