Topics

Active Loop Upgrade

M0ORN

Hi all,

I bought my HF Active Loop with VLF coverage back in Feb 2019. http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/active_loop_antenna.htm

Would anyone know if there is a need for the preamp to be updated.

Thanks

Simon
M0ORN

Chris Moulding

There is no need to modify any of the HF Active Loop antennas.

The head unit amplifier of the HF/VHF version of the Loop Antenna Amplifier is almost identical to that in the HF Active Loop antenna.

Stephen Farthing

Chris,

Thanks for the upgrade which arrived today.

It would be useful if you would tell people, say by posting pictures of the boards, how to tell what version of the amplifier they have. This would allow them to decide if they needed the upgrade or not. The natural reaction of most people is to ask for the upgrade even if they don’t need one, which both costs you money and worries people without the technical skills to do the work. I’m happy to help anyone living near me ( just south of Norwich ) do the upgrade.

Thanks again for an excellent product and unparalleled customer service.

Steve G0XAR