My First Loop

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Well, the subject says it all. I’ve built my first loop. My LAA+ arrived yesterday so today I spent a couple of hours knocking up a simple loop from wire supplied with the amplifier, and scraps of wood I had laying around.

For those first timers like me, I’ve documented what I’ve done so far in the hope that others might use it as inspiration or at least a starting point. I’m open to critique.

73

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Lat: 53.167194 Lon:  -1.399204  Maidenhead Locator IO93HE

RX: Lowe HF250, RSPdx, CCW Sentinel 4, Roberts RM50, Radiomobile TR2, Sony CDX-DAB500U Sangean 808

Ant: 15m MLB wire, MTA Vertical, D707 Active,

Chris Moulding

Thanks for taking the time to write up your first loop.

I've taken the liberty of posting your article in the Files section. This will make it available to everyone who reads a daily digest of the forum posts.

You do realise of course that you are on a slippery slope. It's only a matter of time before truckloads of copper tubing are being delivered to your door! You can never have just one loop...

Lol!!!

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

As I update it Chris, I’ll copy it there.

Thanks for the very prompt delivery BTW.