40 YEARS OF QUALITY SERVICE

Mark M0UFC

From the RADIAL newsletter of the RAIBC:
REVIEWED BY ERIC PAYNE G4FHE
COMPACT LOW PRICE IAMBIC KEYER
At the Granby Hall, Leicester Exhibition 1982, Chris Moulding Radio Services showed a neat, cheap lambic Keyer and I have since then
been able to give one a good trial.
The unit is housed in a plastic case 3 x 4.75 x 1.25 inches. It has one control only for CW speed and all connections are by a 5-pin,
240 degree DIN plug and it can be supplied for ei ther positive or negative keying and uses a PP3 battery. I used my own High Mound
twin paddle key with it. Slotting the unit between my PSU and my transceiver l found the Keyer a delightful and efficient lambic, and I
have not even had a hint of lock-up on any band. The speed calibration was really good and the only change I made was to put a pointer knob in place of the round knob for ease of setting speeds quickly and accurately.
I simply could not fault it at all on any point. Such a compact unit would be idea for /P use, as I operate quite a bit.
I cannot give you the exact price, but it would be around £20 or just over complete with plug and battery. For details, send s.a.e. to
Chris Moulding Radio Services, Hulton Lane, Bolton, Lancs.

Chris Moulding

That takes me back!

I'm surprised how many are still in daily use 40 years later.