40 YEARS OF QUALITY SERVICE

Mark M0UFC

From the RADIAL newsletter of the RAIBC:
REVIEWED BY ERIC PAYNE G4FHE
COMPACT LOW PRICE IAMBIC KEYER
At the Granby Hall, Leicester Exhibition 1981, Chris Moulding Radio Services showed a neat, cheap lambic Keyer and I have since then been able to give one a good trial.
The unit is housed in a plastic case 3 x 4.75 x 1.25 inches. It has one control only for CW speed and all connections are by a 5-pin, 240 degree DIN plug and it can be supplied for ei ther positive or negative keying and uses a PP3 battery. I used my own High Mound twin paddle key with it. Slotting the unit between my PSU and my transceiver l found the Keyer a delightful and efficient lambic, and I have not even had a hint of lock-up on any band. The speed calibration was really good and the only change I made was to put a pointer knob in place of the round knob for ease of setting speeds quickly and accurately.
I simply could not fault it at all on any point. Such a
compact unit would be idea for /P use, as I operate quite a bit.
I cannot give you the exact price, but it would be around £20 or just over complete with plug and battery. For details, send s.a.e. to
Chris Moulding Radio Services, Hulton Lane, Bolton, Lancs.