Re: Antenna amplifier for Beverage and large cardioid loop antennas

Chris Moulding

Yes the amplifier works well with the Loop on the Ground antenna.

I did most of the original testing with a Loop on the Ground antenna.

An interesting point I discovered is that the background noise floor of the Loop on the Ground and Beverage antennas is very low often below the noise floor of a sensitive receiver.

Having the amplifier with an isolation transformer and a common mode choke filter built into the amplifier allows the very low signals to be amplified to a useful level.