Re: Mag Loop and other info

Simon

Like the idea of a 12 by 4 loop!

How the ell did you mount that up???got any pics????love to see!!

Interesting website you pointed out..

But need to point out below, incase someone reading and thinks wants to make a tx mag loop.

Totally disagree in his mag loop building..lots of ways in how to build an inefficient mag loop..( except for the connection to vac cap, but even that was flawed..)
Like the idea of mobile loop..though not sure about having one above my head!

Need to say why I think his loops inefficient..joins..plumbers solder. Use of ali use of copper water pipe...no no..

Must be one continuous loop ( can be parallel tubed, can be twin turn on 160m.) no joins..no ali ( twice r of copper, plus one cant buy pure ali tubing ( or copper now, but one can better quality copper tubing.)
Never use copper water pipe.( cos its cheap for a reason..ie not pure by along way.) .never use lead solder..( must be silver 40-55%) no joins in loop ( except for loop to vac cap.) every join removes efficiency ..
(Plus his resistance of loop measurements are flawed..loop may have 50a running though not 0.5..)

However mag loops are great!! Ok if you can do what Carlo i5jva has on 160m then dont bother.( or hannas or john vy2ww etc.) .but i cant so i love mag loops..

Still a good interesting read though!!

Mag loop Simon