Re: Covid..and making phased loop antenna array..

Chris Moulding

From the information I have on the C & S loop antennas they use a two loop design to reduce the inductance so that it resonates with the capacitance across the loop ends above 30 MHz.

An article in the RSGB RadCom Technical Topics (I do miss that!) by one of the C & S engineers who was also a radio amateur stated that the resistance at the top of the loop was 110 ohms.

This ties in with my antenna modelling and prototype antenna for best front to back ratio.

I don't know where the idea of it being an inductance came from. Maybe when it was first launched to avoid copying of the design?