Re: Covid..and making phased loop antenna array..

paul newland

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 04:25 PM, Chris Moulding wrote:
At present I'm looking at designing a very high performance loop antenna amplifier. The original Loop Antenna Amplifier was originally meant to be a better low cost alternative to the MLA-30 but due to customer pressure I improved it to become comparable in performance to the Wellbrook and Bonito antenna amplifiers.

With the new design I'm starting from scratch using the best amplifier devices, filtering, weatherproofing and Cat5 interconnecting cable. The first prototype is running with the expected performance improvements. I expect to have the first batch ready in a month or two.

G'day Chris
If you get to see this, what might be the benefits of this new design over the LAA+ used outside?
The LAA+ works very well, but I must assume that there are advantages to be had with the new version, or you probably wouldn't make it.
Best Wishes
Paul