Re: How to make a cardioid loop with a Loop Antenna Amplifier +

paul newland

Greetings
As the performance offered by this cardioide loop design is so attractive, I am pretty keen to have a go at constructing one.
However, I have a couple of issues that are holding me back. Firstly, I am electronically "challenged" (know nothing) and have never, to my knowledge even seenĀ  a resistor.
Never mind the hands full of thumbs, how would one actually connect the resistor(s) to the wire?
Would an electrical block connector work, or do they have to be soldered together and if so, how does one avoid putting the connection under stress?
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Best Wishes
Paul