Re: Tips to improve LAA+ Performance?

Chris Moulding

From the description of the extra noise on the coax cable mentioned earlier it may be caused by a poor shield connection between the coax cable and the connector.

This will allow the cable to act as an antenna picking up a lot of local RF noise while still appearing to work with the antenna or amplifier.

While we are talking about loops and their construction don't forget the cardioid loop design I recently posted. It's the one I'm now using as the reference antenna at the workshop due to it's directivity removing a lot of noise and co-channel interference. It doesn't need a qualification in Advanced Plumbing to build it either!

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/cardioid_loop_antenna.htm