Re: Looking for UK source of low noise 5V DC supply

obrianboru@...

I have a clean 30 Amp 12 v shack psu but found that even short leads from it to bias tees, etc, were picking up rfi from nasty switch-mode PSUs in the house and shack.

I soldered small Belling-Lee filters at the point these leads enter the bias tees, amps, and other rf sensitive equipment and rfi has been cleaned up enormously.

Photo on my QRZ blog here: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/which-side-of-a-current-choke-needs-grounding-to-help-prevent-common-mode-or-rfi.700474/page-2

How they would cope with much stronger rfi on the power leads from a dodgy 5 v switch mode PSU, I don't know..... but it's worth a try.
73 Jeff