How to make a cardioid loop with a Loop Antenna Amplifier +

Chris Moulding

Recently I've been working on using a Loop Antenna Amplifier + to make a cardioid loop antenna.

I've already posted a few comments about it in one of the recent topics.

I've now written it up as a new web page with all the details, measured polar plot and detailed layout and how it works diagrams. You can click on the layout diagram to get a large size image ready for printing.

Is it worth making? Definitely yes, it's the best loop antenna I've made with a Loop Antenna Amplifier + and it has a far better signal to noise ratio than a conventional loop.

The best way to describe it is it's like using a HF Yagi on a tower but on LF and low HF!

The web page is:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/cardioid_loop_antenna.htm