From: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io <CrossCountryWireless@groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon
Sent: 26 September 2020 18:21
To: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] Variable gain preamp anyone?

Or even better still, depending upon frequency of use..( and in conjunction with reducing gain on rx.)

This will not work if you want dc-light but say just want 10-30mhz..make loop small.
Want dc-2mhz..make loop bigger.
Reduces gain where not needed..

Etc..

To remove nasty imd’s from strong mw stations add a notch filter inline with coax.

But yes Chris, I run my loop amps at 12v..(13.8v.) Fully agree with your post.