Re: YouTube video of Loop Antenna Amplifier + in use

Paul Newland

Dear Chris

Having imitated (as near as I could) Mike Ladd's inverted delta and ad-hoc comparison with my nearly co-located Wellbrook (I know that I shouldn't; using the same RSP as him, but with RG58 coax rather than LM400 and no common mode choke, connected to and powered by the Bias-T, with the Wellbrook on the "C" port, it appears that it is far more directionally sensitive than the latter.

What I find more interesting, is that on at least the 40 and 80 meter bands and elsewhere, whilst the Wellbrook produces a stronger signal, the noise level on the CCW is far better in some areas, permitting signals that disappear into the background noise on the former, are clearly audible on the CCW.

I hope that you may find this of interest and I see that MIke's doing a great job of spreading the word.

Living and learning with another thank you.

Kind Regards

PaulBest Wishes
Paul

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 09:31, Chris Moulding <chrism@...> wrote:
Mike Ladd, KD2KOG who is tech support for SDRPlay has just posted a video showing his loop antenna using a Loop Antenna Amplifier + from his home in Florida.

It looks like it's working well for him, the RAF Volmet and Shannon Volmet signals towards the end of the video come in as strong as they do in the UK.

https://youtu.be/Xv_JtaoYD0A