Re: CCW Inverted-U antenna

David Cutter

Yes, I did the same and it means learning 4NEC2 which I don't have time for right now. It would be easy if it were in EZNEC which I am familiar with. I assume the issue is the EZNEC doesn't model wires on/near the ground very well.

David G3UNA

On 04 July 2020 at 22:57 Adrian Rawlings <adrianrawlings@gmail.com> wrote:

Chris, thanks for this.

I've downloaded 4NEC2 and the description file for the Inverted U.

I have installed and run 4NEC2 and not got very far. The learning curve, if not steep, seems to be
quite long.

I smiled to myself to see in the Help file the format specification for punched cards. I haven't
used those for five decades, when I was still at school.

So I haven't moved forwards very far.

Looking forward to giving it a try once it's up in the air!

73

Adrian
m0ans

From: Chris Moulding chrism@crosscountrywireless.net
Date: 04/07/2020 19:03
Subject: [CrossCountryWireless] CCW Inverted-U antenna
On the web page for the antenna I include the file to use with the 4NEC2 antenna modelling tool.
You can change the antenna mast heights and separation to suit your location and it gives an accurate estimate of how it will work.