Re: VLF Loop Antenna Amplifier

Chris Moulding

Kevin,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

If any one wants to send me a different SDR receiver for a short loan I'm happy to run some comparison screen shots and videos.

The screenshot I posted is a good test of the dynamic range of the RSPDx in HDR mode. The signal levels coming in from the antenna can be quite high at VLF and LF.

The strongest signal BBC Radio 4 on 198 kHz comes from Droitwich which is about 130 miles south from me. If I was closer I would have to use one of the nulls in the direction pattern of the loop to attenuate the signal to avoid overloading the receiver.