From: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io <CrossCountryWireless@groups.io> On Behalf Of chipbutty via Groups.Io
Sent: 16 March 2020 16:19
To: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] HF LOOP

I never had much luck with my VLF/HF unit. I tried it with the included wire and a 1m wide copper loop. Like many others with the MLA-30 I found the MLA-30 to out perform the CCW loop on Shortwave. Added to that I found the CCW loop very directional and I was forever messing around with the orientation to tune the signal. I don't have to do that with the MLA-30. This is a big deal for me. I have the MLA-30 fixed onto the back of a chair in my bedroom next to the window and I rarely need to move it to improve a signal. Clearly it does work well for many. Initially my CCW loop outperformed the MLA-30 below 7 MHz but a quick fine tune of the pot on the MLA-30 quickly fixed that. I have not yet done the upgrage mod on my CCW. I'll do that before finally giving up hope!