Re: Active antenna overload protection...how close can you go?

WQ2H <wq2h@...>

Hi All,

Apples to oranges, but for comparison on the LF/MF side:

I have a CCW vertical (monitoring 137) mounted about 15 meters away (12 meters off the ground) from both of my Tx vertical antennas, one for 137 and one for 475. I also use the SV1AFN pre-ampĀ  just before the receiver.

The 137 is on an RF switch so when I Tx 137 (and switch from CCW to vert - 400W TOP / ~500mW EIRP) I really don't know what happening, other then the CCW red LED stays lit as usual and there are no disturbances on the 475 waterfall.

When I Tx 475 (100W top, ~1W EIRP) the 137 receiver again seems oblivious - nothing on the waterfall that indicates anything is happening at all.

The power levels are low, but it's nice to see no interference at all on both bands.

73
Jim, WQ2H / WK2XAH