VLF/LF/HF Active Vertical !

WQ2H <wq2h@...>

23 Jun 2019 - 1802z - Greetings from the Granite State (New Hampshire) !

Installed the active vertical just in time to Rx the ARRL Field Day message from K6KPH in California (~4268 km) on 20m. Photo below. It's about 45' up now, and I have plenty of capacity to put a non-conductive mounting-piece in line if necessary. Installation was a snap - and noise levels appear much lower than my top-hat vertical for 2200m. (I call that the "noise magnet") Looking forward to listening for a few weeks on the low bands to see what comes along. I will share results if there is interest.

Thanks to Chris and everyone at CCW for their help on this.

73
Jim, WQ2H / WK2XAH