Re: Feed Line Noise

David Cutter

I'm not fully up to date but the last I heard was that the band of frequencies used for data distribution has the FACILITY  to notch out the amateur bands.  I recently heard that this is not always done and is done by the engineer in the street at the box, but is not part of their regular training so, might not/probably not done.  I don't have it to hand but there was an excellent article in RADCOM recently about this.

David G3UNA

From: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io [mailto:CrossCountryWireless@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Crosbie G6PZZ
Sent: 07 April 2019 14:04
To: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] Feed Line Noise

David,

Could you please expand on “notching”. I have Previously built notch filters for 2m/70cms to insert in my neighbours TV downlead, so I’m familiar with the basics, just not how it applies to VDSL/ADSL.

Is this some magic device that would fit to the telephone line?

What are the magic words to say to an engineer to make a start on this process?

Kindest regards

Tom G6PZZ