Re: One-off special...Indoor HF Active Loop antenna

David Cutter

I started to design a small rotator from a BBQ spit rotator.  Amazon has them at around £5. The battery is integral and I think it could be done without much ado.  It is just the business end, no controller or direction indicator.  Should be a great little project for someone with the time…whatever that is.

David G3UNA

From: CrossCountryWireless@groups.io [mailto:CrossCountryWireless@groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg_M6ORT
Sent: 27 September 2018 14:02
To: david via Groups.Io; CrossCountryWireless@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] One-off special...Indoor HF Active Loop antenna

With regards to rotators...  The only one I could find that was a TV type and cheaper was on a well known internet auction site.  It had to come from the US, but the company had signed up for the scheme where the postage covers all the p&p, customs and vat duty etc so you didn't have the performance getting it into the country.  It was a Channel Master 9521.  Think it was around £142 all in compared to silly cash for ham brands, although not as good as the £80 you used to be able to pay.

Best wishes

Greg

M6ORT