Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] New Multicoupler options

Looking at the specs in theory you would see little difference as the gain over the HF bands is the same apart from the extra coverage down to 50 kHz on the HF Multicoupler.

It actual use it depends on the receivers connected to the output ports. The HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler will pass everything up to 1300 MHz and this may overload some HF receivers especially the lower end SDR dongles which don't have good RF filtering.

The HF Multicoupler has a sharp low pass filter on the input so only HF signals go through to the receivers.

It's interesting to note that most of the initial buyers of the HF Multicoupler already have a HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler and want the new one for HF use while keeping the other for VHF/UHF use.