Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CrossCountryWireless] Comparing CCW receive-only antennas

The amplifier in the HF Active Antenna has very high impedance inputs to match the capacitance of the whip antennas.

Running a wire loop between the two inputs wouldn't work very well due to the impedance of the wire loop being very low. However if you resonate the loop with a variable capacitor as a parallel tuned circuit it would match the amplifiers and should work very well.

I'm not in the workshop at the moment or I would try that out. Looks like the very first job I'll be doing tomorrow morning!