Re: APRS

Chris Moulding

We stopped making the Digi Tracker over a year ago.

Sales had dropped to near zero since most amateurs were using smartphone apps to send APRS position packets rather than use radio.

I wrote a couple of Android apps to try and generate more interest in the Digi Tracker but it only reduced sales even more. APRS Messenger Android was downloaded nearly 20000 times on Google Play before I removed it.

I did design a replacement to the Digi Tracker using an industrial DSP chip and I have a working prototype that works with all the Baofeng and Wouxen hand helds.

I can't see us putting it into production as apart from your good self no one appears to want them any more.