Topics

Year of Manufacture plate on car

Carol Lussky

I’m sure every state is different but in Illinois you plate your vehicle with current plates (antique or otherwise) but the state allows you to display on the car a year of manufacture plate as long as the valid current plate is inside the car.

Carol

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:06 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] hey folks I WON

I must apologize for the length of my story but I had to share, I was ecstatic.  I only wanted my insurer to know exactly what he was covering and to be able to place a 1947 license plate on the CC Crosley. one would think I was trying to deed the governor's mansion into my name, lower the interest rates on some clerk's 401K, and prevent her next grandchild from being born. I was asking to CHANGE HISTORY.  to be fair, I did run into several nice, helpful BMV employees, more than half of the folks I encountered.  the rest of the civil servants couldn't be bothered to set their coffee cups down and be civil. had just one known or taken the time in the beginning to tell me "don't be cheap, streamlining doesn't work, title it in your name first," I could have avoided much of the hassle and saved half of the time. this morning I'm off to the local BMV office with a smile on my face.
  Paul Rinehart

On 7/3/2018 7:40 AM, Richard Ranch via Groups.Io wrote:

Ah yes, the DMV shuffle. I have experienced it before. Five different individuals telling me five separate things, none of them accurate. Big government bureaucracy at it's finest. Nobody wants to help, they just want you to move along. 

Carol Lussky

Sorry…I learned my lesson about going all the way back and read all the emails before responding….my message has nothing to do with the original post.  Sorry about that.

Carol

Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:39 PM
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Year of Manufacture plate on car

I’m sure every state is different but in Illinois you plate your vehicle with current plates (antique or otherwise) but the state allows you to display on the car a year of manufacture plate as long as the valid current plate is inside the car.

Carol

I must apologize for the length of my story but I had to share, I was ecstatic.  I only wanted my insurer to know exactly what he was covering and to be able to place a 1947 license plate on the CC Crosley. one would think I was trying to deed the governor's mansion into my name, lower the interest rates on some clerk's 401K, and prevent her next grandchild from being born. I was asking to CHANGE HISTORY.  to be fair, I did run into several nice, helpful BMV employees, more than half of the folks I encountered.  the rest of the civil servants couldn't be bothered to set their coffee cups down and be civil. had just one known or taken the time in the beginning to tell me "don't be cheap, streamlining doesn't work, title it in your name first," I could have avoided much of the hassle and saved half of the time. this morning I'm off to the local BMV office with a smile on my face.
  Paul Rinehart

Ah yes, the DMV shuffle. I have experienced it before. Five different individuals telling me five separate things, none of them accurate. Big government bureaucracy at it's finest. Nobody wants to help, they just want you to move along. 

paul

no problem Carol. Ohio is the same way when one wants YOM plates.  I was just sharing being thrilled to get things straightened out after almost 3 months of grief.   Paul

On 7/3/2018 1:46 PM, Carol Lussky via Groups.Io wrote:

Sorry…I learned my lesson about going all the way back and read all the emails before responding….my message has nothing to do with the original post.  Sorry about that.

Carol

Terrance Robinson

In Michigan , The Antique plates are only good for 10 years, and you have to have insurance every year. In Oregon, Antique plates are good for the life of the owner-no sales tax there either.
-
--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Year of Manufacture plate on car

no problem Carol. Ohio is the same way when one wants YOM plates.  I was just sharing being thrilled to get things straightened out after almost 3 months of grief.   Paul

On 7/3/2018 1:46 PM, Carol Lussky via Groups.Io wrote:

Carol

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Terrance Robinson

I

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Carol Lussky via Groups.Io <sarbuddy@...> wrote:

Carol

Paul Rinehart

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630