Topics

wipers, tension to widow

jane altman

QUESTION
1.  WIPERS HAVE NO TENSION ON WINDSHEILD. They are new to us original Crosley design.  There is no tension to hold to window.

Spock Arnold

My best suggestion is to take a picture and post it.  We can better tell you what is wrong from that

On Aug 25, 2018 4:51 PM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:
QUESTION
1.  WIPERS HAVE NO TENSION ON WINDSHEILD. They are new to us original Crosley design.  There is no tension to hold to window.

fred@...

Make sure the springs are attached correctly

L.E. Hardee

The problem is with the wiper arm, not the motor.  As already stated, check the little spring inside the arm.  Sometimes the spring stop on the wire part of the arm slips so that the spring isn't compressed much or any at all.  It should take a noticeable pressure to hook the arm base on the wiper shaft.  Also occasionally the Little "C" shaped pivot inside the arm will fall out and get lost.  This piece of metal is what gives the arm the off center line of force that causes the wiper to grip the windshield.