From: Crosley_Gang@... [mailto:Crosley_Gang@...]
On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 9:50 AM
To: Crosley_Gang@...
Subject: [Crosley_Gang] Wipers.

Has anyone here converted their vacuum wiper motors to electric?

(I mean the four-cylinder cars, natch.
Of course, the two-cylinder Crosleys all have electric wipers.)

Yahoo! Groups Links

________________________
Important: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without distributing or retaining a copy. Thank you.

"Dana Barlow" <danabarlow4@...>

It may be and idea if you have 12V's now,to use a 12V boat wiper
kit,there like $65 for motor and arms etc,all in one kit at Westmarine
Dana

--- In Crosley_Gang@..., " " <x779@w...> wrote:
Has anyone here converted their vacuum wiper motors to electric?

(I mean the four-cylinder cars, natch.
Of course, the two-cylinder Crosleys all have electric wipers.)

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

Y we did bye Robert

Andy Farley

I know that this is an old topic, but I just finished installing 12v electric wipers in my 48 CC. I got 2 rear window wiper motors from a couple of 2006 Subaru legacy outback SUVs. Had to make mounting brackets for each but they fit nicely. Had to modify 1 of them slightly because of the glove box. The sweep is about right. I used universal arms and blades for a 41 Jeep.

Tim Hamblen

Just google 6 volt Jeep wiper motors. The older Jeeps were 6 volt.The ones I have seen will just about bolt on.

Tim Hamblen

Here's one from Mac's            https://www.macsautoparts.com/early_v8_ford_truck/electric-windshield-wiper-motor-6-volt-replacement-type-stainless-steel-ford-382726.html

Saltsgaver, Mike

The shaft that goes thru the body is a little larger on the Jeep motors, so the hole in the  body might have to be opened up.  Also, the length of the shafts are longer than the ones on the vacuum motors.  You might have to cut them off to make sure you have enough clearance between the motor and the instrument cluster.  They aren’t hard to cut off….I have them on my Kubelwagen & I also had to shorten the shafts.

Mike S

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.