Wing windows

Raymond Wood

Edited

I need two wing windows to put in a 1950 wagon. Also window regulators. 

Jim Bollman

Crosleys do not have true wing windows. The 50 had none it was one large piece of glass. 51-52 had fake wing windows that were fixed closed. Crosley went to the two piece window because of problems rolling up the large one piece glass window. Most commercial and standard models still had sliding windows. Since it is most not all I don’t know if the roll up windows were optional on the standard models or they just got swapped some time in the last 70 years.

On Dec 22, 2021, at 10:50 PM, rwould1 via groups.io <rwould1@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Raymond Wood

Thanks for the info Jim. Have an early 1950 cd and just want to put in roll up windows. If the wind wing doesn’t open that that fine. 

On Dec 23, 2021, at 7:56 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Crosleys do not have true wing windows. The 50 had none it was one large piece of glass. 51-52 had fake wing windows that were fixed closed. Crosley went to the two piece window because of problems rolling up the large one piece glass window. Most commercial and standard models still had sliding windows. Since it is most not all I don’t know if the roll up windows were optional on the standard models or they just got swapped some time in the last 70 years.

[Edited Message Follows]

Jim Liberty

Jim B. what we do without your sage advice. ..................Jim.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 4:56 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Tim Hamblen

Are your doors made for roll up windows ?

Raymond Wood

Actually I am going to build a woody body and doors. I will make the doors to fit the wing windows and the roll up windows. 

On Dec 26, 2021, at 7:41 AM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io <flinttim@...> wrote:

L.E. Hardee

Wouldn't it be easier to but a pair of roll up window doors that was too rusty to use as metal doors on a car?  Then cut away the outer panels and attach inner structure with window regulators, hinges, latch, etc. to your wood?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 3:15 PM Raymond Wood via groups.io <rwould1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Actually I am going to build a woody body and doors. I will make the doors to fit the wing windows and the roll up windows. 

On Dec 26, 2021, at 7:41 AM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Raymond Wood

That would work too. Anybody got any?

On Dec 26, 2021, at 5:39 PM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to but a pair of roll up window doors that was too rusty to use as metal doors on a car?  Then cut away the outer panels and attach inner structure with window regulators, hinges, latch, etc. to your wood?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 3:15 PM Raymond Wood via groups.io <rwould1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Dec 26, 2021, at 7:41 AM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote: