Topics

Where else to find a Crosley's VIN

John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...>

Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number

Spock Arnold

John
   What is the body style cc or cd? There have been a number of cars sold through the years that have had other Vin placed on them.  There was a whole group sold in the recent past at a reputable auction that every one of them had incorrect vin.  Some have a vin on the front cross member but I've only seen it a couple times.  It your title matches the vin, I wouldn't get too worried.

On Apr 5, 2020 4:22 PM, John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...> wrote:
Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number

Jim Bollman

Some have the Serial Number on the frame rail behind the front passenger wheel. Again not a lot of them and it is very faint when you find one.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 4:45 PM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

[...]

christopher cochrane

How about a pic?

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:22 PM, John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...> wrote:

Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number

Richard Williams

your 47 has round front fenders. the 49 has square front fenders. Rich W

On Sunday, April 5, 2020, 02:44:47 PM PDT, christopher cochrane via groups.io <pisarunner@...> wrote:

How about a pic?

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:22 PM, John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...> wrote:

Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number

John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...>

Rounded fender

On April 5, 2020 at 6:51 PM "Richard Williams via groups.io" <rwms_2002@...> wrote:

your 47 has round front fenders. the 49 has square front fenders. Rich W

On Sunday, April 5, 2020, 02:44:47 PM PDT, christopher cochrane via groups.io <pisarunner@...> wrote:

How about a pic?

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:22 PM, John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...> wrote:

Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number

John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...>

Body style: CC