Topics

What is a complete Crosley CIBA engine worth?

Todd Swangstu

Local guy has a CIBA engine on a stand that was apparently used around an old farmstead for power.  It is the complete engine with radiator on a stand.  Has not run in years but looks healthy and turns free.

I wouldn't mind to pick it up for spare if the price was right.  What would something like this sell for high and low prices if anyone could help.

Thank you

Todd

crosleyshortsport

$50  -   $150

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 1:50 AM Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Local guy has a CIBA engine on a stand that was apparently used around an old farmstead for power.  It is the complete engine with radiator on a stand.  Has not run in years but looks healthy and turns free.

I wouldn't mind to pick it up for spare if the price was right.  What would something like this sell for high and low prices if anyone could help.

Thank you

Todd

Todd Swangstu

Actually looks to be a cobra ... Now that i saw pics.

Any difference in value?

Thanks

On May 14, 2019, at 6:01 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

$50  -   $150

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 1:50 AM Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Local guy has a CIBA engine on a stand that was apparently used around an old farmstead for power.  It is the complete engine with radiator on a stand.  Has not run in years but looks healthy and turns free.

I wouldn't mind to pick it up for spare if the price was right.  What would something like this sell for high and low prices if anyone could help.

Thank you

Todd

L.E. Hardee

The high end price range would be determined by what crankshaft it has.  If it was a commercial engine with the good crank, it should have a "C" on the motor number.  The good cranks also have 6 bolt holes instead of just 3.  I also find the later model crankcases that have the oil filter behind the water pump to be more desirable and worth more to me.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:13 AM Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Actually looks to be a cobra ... Now that i saw pics.

Any difference in value?

Thanks

On May 14, 2019, at 6:01 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

$50  -   $150

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 1:50 AM Todd Swangstu via Groups.Io <oldvw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Local guy has a CIBA engine on a stand that was apparently used around an old farmstead for power.  It is the complete engine with radiator on a stand.  Has not run in years but looks healthy and turns free.

I wouldn't mind to pick it up for spare if the price was right.  What would something like this sell for high and low prices if anyone could help.

Thank you

Todd

nadno1

Todd, I recently purchased one in decent shape, also not running, it was complete with transmission, starter/ generator and radiator and all accessories.
The farmer I got it from wanted  $100 for all of it, I thought it was a good buy.

Neal

Local guy has a CIBA engine on a stand that was apparently used around an old farmstead for power.  It is the complete engine with radiator on a stand.  Has not run in years but looks healthy and turns free.

I wouldn't mind to pick it up for spare if the price was right.  What would something like this sell for high and low prices if anyone could help.

Thank you

Todd

Ron Frost

Yep, good buy. I payed 175.00 10 years ago for the same thing.

 Ron Perma Frost