Topics

West Coast Crosley Meeting Cancelled!

Jim Bollman

Another one hits the dust for 2020. Just got this from Rick Alexander,

Dear West Coast Member,
Regrettably, it is necessary to cancel the Annual Meeting which would have been held this October in Buellton, CA.  This decision is based on the uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic and was made by myself in concert with members of the Annual Meet Committee and the Club officers shown below.

Large gatherings are currently prohibited in California and specifically in Santa Barbara County, and it is unlikely these regulations would change by the Fall.

To comply with health regulations currently in place, most of the events during the weekend which we have come to enjoy would need to be significantly modified or cancelled.  Why have the Meet if we cannot get together to enjoy it?

Notably, many if not most, scheduled automotive meets have also been cancelled including the CAC National Meet in Wauseon, OH, and the AACA Hershey Meet.

We should start now planning for a successful and enjoyable 2021 Meet.

Please be in touch with questions and comments.  Some members have suggested one or two one-day get-togethers in the Spring, if allowed by then.

Sincerely,
Rick Alexander